Swedish American Yuletide cookies by Nantasket Sweets.
Baking is fun and easy, here you find my favorite Ginger snaps recipe. These cookies are thinner and crispier than the usual ones in America. No artificial ingredients.
Flour - 4 cups
Sugar - 1.5 cups
Butter - 10.5 oz
Syrup - 0.63 cups. (I use LOG Cabin No HCFS Syrup)
Heavy Cream - 0.63 cups
Cinnamon one full table spoon
Baking soda two full table spoon
Cloves grounded, one full table spoon
Ginger grounded, one full table spoon
Cardamom grounded, one full table spoon
How to do:
- Preheat the oven to 437F
- Melting the butter
- Add and Stir sugar, butter, syrup, heavy cream, the egg and all spices
- Mix the flour and baking soda separate
- Add the sugar, butter mix to the flour mix and mix to a dough.
- Let the dough rest in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Roll out the dough with a rolling pin (use half of the dough first)
- Cut into shapes. Place shapes 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Re-roll dough scrapes until all dough is shaped. Repeat with the remaining disc of dough.
- Bake cookies for 5 minutes at 437F
Happy Baking! Maria Stolt Nantasket Sweets By Swedes